FCC Licensing

Most land-mobile two-way radio, and point-to-point microwave systems require an FCC (Federal Communications Commission) license grant, to be operated within the United States and its territories.  At Canyon State Wireless, we can provide licensing assistance, working through various frequency coordinators, to obtain the required license grant from the FCC.
FCC Form 601
We can prepare the FCC form 601 for submittal to the frequency coordinator.
FCC Narrowband Mandate

In 2013 the FCC mandate for certain two-way radio stations to convert their emission from wideband to narrowband went into effect.  Today, many licensed users are not compliant.  If you current FCC license is not narrowband compliant, renewal of that license will be rejected by the FCC, if filed without narrowband modifications.

Many older, legacy two-way radios, are not capable of converting from wideband to narrowband, and their use constitues a violation of FCC rules:

In a two page release the Commission detailed their plans for imposing steep fines to radio licensees that fail to comply with the January 1st narrowbanding mandate. The FCC says that "Enforcement Bureau is committed to aggressively enforcing the narrowbanding transition deadline and violators may be subject to enforcement action. Penalties for non-compliance may include license revocation, and/or monetary forfeitures of up to $16,000 for each such violation or each day of a continuing violation, and up to $112,500 for any single act or failure to act."

Click here for more information on the FCC Narrowband Requirements.

Canyon State Wireless can assist you with the required license modification.
BBB Accredited Business
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC,
and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.    
©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.